Architect – ICT and Infrastructure – Cloud & Data Services
We're looking for an architect to join our team for an initial 3 month contract based in Auckland or Wellington CBD.
A short assignment to establish a multi-year programme of renewal and transformation. This role will support an initial data gathering and expectation setting engagement with our client’s current cloud, data centre and ICT infrastructure service providers and requires extensive front-line experience successfully architecting large enterprise disaster recovery and data centre programmes.
Our client plans to transition to an outsourced capability for Data Centres. This assignment will commence engagement with data centre services suppliers, starting with those on requisite the AoG panel(s) to determine a probable short list of suitable vendors and facilities and deliver a requirements framework suitable for inclusion in an All-of-Government secondary procurement process.
- The Architect will lead the completion of an Enterprise Architecture definition for Availability and Resilience, including the high-level design of infrastructures and data centre facilities. This will be used to inform and guide Detailed Design activities of the longer-term programme deliverables.
- The Architect will be expected to define and develop availability and resilience-based architecture and complementary availability patterns for applications, infrastructures and facilities.
- Contribution to the function, design, capability and selection of an Inventory and Applications CMDB or equivalent toolset.
- Prepare for AoG Secondary Procurement and/or RFP processes for technology services.
- Undertake supply arrangement reviews.
- Generate reports and provide insights to programme management.
- Identify options to improve supplier relationships.
- Provide insight into market rates for services sought from suppliers.
- Lead meetings with suppliers.
- Complete and report on fact-based analyses
- At least 5 years working in ICT Infrastructure Architecture and specific experience in specifying architecture and design of high-availability, resilient, large and/or complex environments
- Current market knowledge of cloud infrastructure and All-of-Government as-a-Service technology solutions and services
- Cloud services
- Technology project execution – past experience with large and complex projects with real outcomes (expected and unexpected)
- Past leadership of a project or team
- Proven history of creating documentation
Having a wider set of experience is always of interest, especially in the following areas:
- Designing, specifying cloud infrastructure and All-of-Government as-a-Service technology services
- Reference Architecture
- Technical Business cases
- High Level Design
- Security, including Identity and Access Management
- Azure, Office 365
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- NZ Security Clearance is desirable
- Proficient in Visio, WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT
- Consulting roles experience, including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding IT/Digital/Technology landscapes and trends
- Past vendor or industry training
- Independent and self-starting
- Energetic and fast-moving, used to producing nett results quickly
- Able to lead and to follow a process, and adapt to fit the situation
- An excellent communicator
- Professionally presented
- Comfortable with change
- Keen to learn
Late April – late June 2018, extension may be possibleAPPLY NOW