Disaster Recovery Specialist
We're looking for a senior project or programme manager, or a senior ICT consultant, with Disaster Recovery programme experience to join our team for an initial 3 month contract based from either an Auckland or a Wellington location.
We need to deliver a business-led DR strategy that recognises a complex current state and provides guidance on a desirable end state. You’ll work with the client’s risk and ICT teams to develop the strategy and recommendations that align with the client’s business imperatives and technology direction
You’ll need to have real-world experience on similar projects. This role will interface with executives and senior members of the organisation, so stakeholder management is an essential skill.
- Drive the momentum of the review to ensure deadlines are met
- Development of a DR strategy that aligns with the architectures and strategies of the business
- Stakeholder management
You’ll have strong interpersonal skills. Others will seek you out as you are someone that consistently delivers, as well as being great to work with. Confidence and capability is a must as you will be working independently and must hit the ground running.
To thrive in this role you’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience in implementing large scale disaster recovery projects.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently
- Able to work to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
The current expectation is that the successful applicant would be employed full time for 3 months.
The engagement will begin mid-to late January (or even before Christmas with the right candidate). There is potential to extend the engagement to manage/oversee the resulting programme of activity.
- First class spoken and written communicator
- Excellent listener and negotiator, adept at understanding other perspectives
- Ability to stand back from a problem/opportunity and unpack what it means
- Good reputation – known for results and also as a solid citizen
- Calm under pressure, considered, firm and fair
- Responsibly bold, positive, ambitious
- Thorough, but not pedantic
- Pragmatic and practical
- Able to represent the Voco brand first and yourself second
- Strong team player but comfortable working autonomously
- Collaborative style, look to bring the collective strength to bear on client challenges
- Not afraid to seek input/advice from colleagues
- Motivated to help grow the Voco business, looking to grow with Voco
Voco has been established as for over 16 years. We help enterprises improve the quality and reduce the cost of their interactions with customers, partners and staff through design, process improvement and technology solutions.
We offer services such as strategic sourcing, benchmarking, ICT infrastructure architecture and design, through to full project implementation. We also provide business development coaching, sales strategy, large scale bid management, business transformation and governance.
NOTE FOR OVERSEAS ENQUIRIES AND NON NZ RESIDENTS
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and that can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered.