IT Support Specialist
We're looking for an IT Support Specialist based in either our Wellington or Auckland offices.
You’ll need to be up to date with the latest technologies and interested in taking charge of your ongoing development by putting your hand up to assist with projects and identifying what skills you’d like to learn and develop to further your career and benefit Voco.
Predominately, you will be our in-house technology expert and our first port of call for all user-facing issues, computer set-ups and general support requests. While you will be based in Wellington, you will be part of the wider Voco Team and work collaboratively with team members based in Auckland, providing support to them when needed.
You’re a real go-getter who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is interested in taking charge of your ongoing development by putting your hand up to assist with projects and identifying what skills you’d like to learn and develop to further your career and benefit the company.
To be successful, you will be a team player, be approachable, customer focused and provide first-class professional and proactive support.
Maintaining flexibility and communicating well is key to the role, as our IT team prides itself on covering more than just desktop support.
- Perform and document triage steps, escalating tickets where required with accurately detailed information to assist in faster resolution.
- Responsible for actively monitoring the ticketing system, self-assigning and taking ownership through to completion and following the ticket lifecycle process.
- Take direction from senior members of the team, providing follow-ups and updates of tasks delegated to you for completion.
- Day-to-day User Account Management in Active Directory and Exchange as per the Company policies and procedures.
- Occasionally provide team with group and/or one-to-one training on all internally supported devices, applications and systems and internal processes.
- Create accurate, concise, clear documentation of configurations, procedures and user guides for the team-facing knowledge base.
- Continuously review and update documentation and guides to keep them current, championing the use of the team-facing knowledge base and self-service tools.
- Keep up to date with and experiment with new technology.
The successful applicant will be a person technically proficient in supporting a Windows desktop environment and the MS Office 365 suite of applications. You’ll have strong interpersonal skills. Others will seek you out as you are someone that consistently delivers, as well as being great to work with. Confidence and capability are a must as you will be working independently and must hit the ground running. You’ll also have the following attributes:
- Ability to prioritise issues and manage user expectation through to completion;
- Expert with Cloud technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, MS Office 365 etc;
- Experience in MDM administration and deployment, specifically InTune;
- The ability to use remote desktop tools;
- Networking knowledge – including TCP/IP,VLAN, etc
- Independent and self-starting
- Keen to learn and able to demonstrate new skills quickly
- Accurate with data
- Able to follow a process, and adapt to fit the situation
- An excellent communicator
- Professionally presented
- Comfortable with change
- Keen to learn
NOTE FOR OVERSEAS ENQUIRIES AND NON NZ RESIDENTS
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and that can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered.