Microsoft Business Intelligence Analyst
We're looking for a proactive and dynamic Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to join the team at either our Wellington or Auckland offices. You’ll need to hit the ground running and take responsibility for all our requirements when it comes to reporting and data analytics.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Analyst looking to be part of a positive, supportive culture. You’ll get to work on a variety of projects across a wide range of Tier 1 organisations. You’ll bring a broad technical understanding to the table and will have the opportunity to work with a great team using some of the latest and greatest tools.
• Translating our and our customers’ requirements and be able to solve the problems/provide solutions
• Design, develop and maintain datasets, BI solutions and reporting deliverables
• Contribute to the design and implementation of our Power BI reporting
• Identify opportunities to enhance analytics, reports and dashboards
• Develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis
• Understand the business and apply your analytical skills to the BI role
• Investigating and searching new technologies and technical practices to benefit internal use and customer deliverables
The successful applicant will be a person technically proficient in the MS Power suite of applications. You’ll have strong interpersonal skills. Others will seek you out as you are someone that consistently delivers, as well as being great to work with. Confidence and capability are a must as you will be working independently and must hit the ground running.
• Great problem-solving abilities
• Solid relationship management skills
• Business Intelligence – at least 3yrs of BI related development and design is required.
• Power BI / Microsoft BI Stack – at least 1 years expertise on most recent versions including development and design of reports and dashboards.
• Technological know-how having worked with Power Query for data manipulation, SQL queries, and Microsoft Azure Services for BI integration and data storage.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with solid business acumen / commercial awareness.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Development of Power Apps for data collection / presentation.
• Experience with Power BI Dataflows and a variety of data connectors and sources.
• Familiarity with a subset of the following would be beneficial, REST API, Python, R, Java Script, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Ideally a university degree
• Proficient in WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Independent and self-starting
• Able to follow a process, and adapt to fit the situation
• An excellent communicator
• Professionally presented
• Comfortable with change
• Keen to learn
NOTE FOR OVERSEAS ENQUIRIES AND NON NZ RESIDENTS
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and that can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered.