We’re looking for an experienced Solution Architect contractor with expertise in Telecommunications (Networking, Unified Communications, and Contact Centre) to join our Wellington and Auckland based teams. You may currently be leading a team in a large enterprise, working as an independent contractor or in a telco or integrator.
You’ll enjoy working in an A-team and be drawn by the buzz of big projects that are highly visible. If you’ve been working on the right projects there’s a good chance you’ll have come across Voco in your travels. Our Architects are hands-on technology leaders in their fields. They’re recognised for their domain expertise and respected by both ICT industry peers and supplier community.
- Assist creating Service Catalogues for Telecommunications services
- Analyse and document current state environments
- Provide high level and detailed designs for the implementation and lifecycle management of Telecommunications services.
- Provide implementation strategies and plans for the designs.
- Manage stakeholders within formal technical design authority governance processes and manage escalations effectively
The successful applicant will be a person with relevant senior experience who has previously led design and implementations within large-scale organisations. You’ll have demonstrable experience working in result-oriented teams and have strong interpersonal skills, but you’ll be equally comfortable working autonomously when necessary. You’ll have current market knowledge of commercial aspects of technology solutions and services. You’ll have a nose for opportunities and gaps and the confidence to proactively address these.
Your previous experience will include:
- At least 5 years as a Solution Architect and specific architecture experience in large and/or complex environments.
- Solid experience with large scale design and implementation projects for Telecommunications,
- Proven track record of successful implementations.
- Technology project execution – real projects with real outcomes (expected and unexpected).
Vendor qualifications preferred
Voco employs multi-skilled people who can:
- Articulate themselves well
- Write well
- Lead and work effectively in a team
- Put multiple skills to work as appropriate to context
- Manage stakeholders
- Work well in difficult situations, with difficult stakeholders
- Take ownership of deliverables
- Spot gaps and opportunities
- Work alone when necessary
- Translate between business talk and technology
- Project manage pragmatically and effectively
- Network and use social media effectively
NOTE FOR OVERSEAS ENQUIRIES AND NON NZ RESIDENTS
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for this position.APPLY NOW